PowerPoint hater, that is.
1. You think it's boring, because you've only seen boring slides.
2. You think it prevents you from connecting with the audience, because you've only seen speakers hide behind it.
3. You think it's superfluous, because you've only seen speakers who read the screen.
4. You think it's ugly, because you've only seen canned templates and bullet-laden slides.
5. You think it's cheesy, because you've only seen presentations with corny animations and sounds.
6. You hate it because it's cool to hate PowerPoint.
I used to hate PowerPoint, too. Before I got to know it.
Here's the thing: Why wouldn't you use every tool available to you as a speaker to help your audience grasp your message?
PowerPoint may not be appropriate for every presentation, or every audience, or every venue, and it can certainly be misused. But does that make it evil? Does that mean there are no appropriate ways to use it and that your presentations will be as boring, ugly and cheesy as the ones you've seen?
Open your mind. Look at all the tools available to you. PowerPoint is just one of them. It's not the only one. It's not the worst one and it's not the best one.
It's what you make of it.
Are you an entrepreneur or professional who's looking for better results from your speaking? Are you hoping to build credibility and visibility for your business or cause? Tired of just "getting by" and ready to deliver truly engaging and powerful presentation? Click here to fill out my consultation questionnaire and we'll schedule a time to talk!